- I will pray for my friend and present his needs to God.
"And the Lord restored Job's losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed the
Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before."
- I will listen for my friend's heart more than his talk.
"As in water face answereth to face, so the heart of man to man."
- I will defend my friend in public and in private. He will be safe in my company and also when he is not in my company.
"He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth
- I will not be a busybody in my friend's affairs.
"Let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evil doer, or as a
busybody in other men's matters."
1 Pet. 4:15
"It is an honour for a man to cease from strife; but every fool will be meddling."
- I will honor my friend's privacy when he desires it.
"Withdraw thy foot from thy neighbor's house; lest he be weary of thee and so hate
- I will seek to refresh my friend by seeking Jesus myself and sharing what I hear.
"Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart; so does the sweetness of a man's friend by
- I will not purposely hide my blessings or pain from my
"A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."
- I will speak the truth to my friend.
"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Faithful
are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful."
- I will stand by and protect my friend in times of trouble.
"Two are better than one...for if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but
woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."
"A man that has friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh
closer than a brother."
- I will keep no score of my friend's mistakes nor be rude to my friend.
"Love keeps no record of wrongs. Love is not rude."
I Cor. 13:4-8
- I will expect the best, not the worst of my friend.
"...love....bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.
- I will not reveal a confidence my friend has shared.
"A tale bearer revealeth secrets but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth a
"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. You are my
friends if you do whatever I command you"
John 15: 12 and 14